Thursday, December 2, 2010

All a matter of perspective, I suppose

I had a good chuckle reading this:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25334405/force_him_or_natural_consequences?cpg=5&csi=2251914747&pd=1

Seriously, someone thinks that 26 degrees F is "bitter cold"? Not even close, in my books. This mom also thinks that temperatures just above the freezing mark demand a hoodie and hat PLUS a winter coat. My kids and I would melt.

Then again, maybe from her POV I'm a wimp, because I have no tolerance at all for heat.

So, I can some this up by saying it's all a matter of perspective, based on what you are used to experiencing. That said, if it's obvious that the original poster lives in a place like Ontario, Canada, where cold weather is the norm, why on earth would you think that your "26 is bitter cold" comment is remotely relevant.

Anyway, for what it's worth, my son went to school today in runners. It's around 26 degrees, and he's just fine.

No comments: